Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Apology & Postscript


I apologize to my readers for more than a month of silence on this blog. Summer is our busiest time because of travel and home/farm chores. The usual pace of twice-monthly posts may be interrupted because of these responsibilities during the summer but I do have several articles in the works nonetheless. One is posted today (next entry below) and it requires a short explanation. The post concerns our experience with some physical mediumship several years ago and each segment of the account was written the day after the occurrences described, while memory was still fresh. The separate accounts were later compiled into the unified whole that is presented here. We are quite convinced the manifestations were genuine and that there was no possibility of fraud. This also is the opinion shared by all our friends who participated in these circles.

Now, I want to provide an appropriate quote to accompany my May 9 blog about confusion experienced by some recent arrivals to the spirit world due to erroneous expectations about life after so-called death. This is taken from Sir Arthur Findlay’s fascinating Where Two Worlds Meet (page 398) wherein he reproduces verbatim transcripts of direct voice séances conducted with the medium John Sloan in Glasgow, Scotland, during the early 1940s. Speaking is a Mr. Hardman who died believing there was no afterlife –

“…I was very much in the land of wonder for some time [immediately after passing over]. I will explain it to you, and I hope you will forgive me for taking up so much of your time. You see, I did not believe in the after-life, and when I came here I was bewildered with the wonder of the knowledge that it was all true. I did not deserve the kindness showered upon me by those who came to help me. I knew then that I had made a mistake…. I know what it is to be lonely. That is how I felt when I first came over, until some friends took me in hand and led me kindly along….”

There are several other similar recollections shared in the book and each stresses the importance of becoming aware of the facts of the afterlife before bodily death takes us there.

Now, please proceed to read the new post below and thank you for your patience this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment